N.P. Lanitis was founded in 1896 by the two sons of the founder of the Lanitis Group Panayis Sykas from Lania (later known as Panayis Lanitis), Nicolas and Costas P. Lanitis. With general trade being the focus of the company's activities, over the decades N.P. Lanitis enjoyed continuous growth and success, thus forming the backbone of the Lanitis Group.
Notable examples include the formation of the shipping agency Amathus Navigation Ltd in 1943 and the establishment of the Cyprus Building and Road Construction Company (Cybarco) in 1946.
In 2005-2006, N.P. Lanitis reorganised its operations through a restructuring process, and set up its future strategic direction and focus, transforming itself from a trading company to a private equity investment company managing several ventures. The company actively pursued new growth opportunities through mergers, acquisitions and other strategic alliances in existing and new growing markets.
Today, after more than a century of continuous growth and success, N.P. Lanitis Ltd has firmly established a leading position in the Cyprus business community. The Company is well-prepared and has all the required resources in place to exploit new investment opportunities emerging from advancements in technology and product development in a diverse range of markets in Cyprus and abroad.