Corporate Social Responsibility
The Lanitis Group has always been an organization with social sensitivities, consistently aiming to combine business and economic development with social contribution.
"It is our conviction", as the late Evagoras Lanitis used to say, "that as well as being profitable an enterprise must also contribute to society as a whole".
The social contribution of the Group covers the areas of education, health, sports and culture.
Some of its more valuable CSR actions include:
- The construction of Lanitio Gymnasium and the funding of its library, as well as the construction of Lanitio Stadium in the city of Limassol
- The funding of archaeological works for the emergence of important ancient monuments, like the ancient port of Amathus, the medieval manor of Kouklia etc.
- The initial set-up and later on the organization and institutionalization of "Radiomarathonios" was an initiative of late Evagoras Lanitis - among other prominent businessmen-.
- The construction and supply of equipment to Evagorio Palliative Centre, of the Cyprus Anticancer Association, in 2011.
- The establishment of the Evagoras and Kathleen Lanitis Foundation in November 2001, by the children of Evagoras and Kathleen Lanitis, Costas, Platon, Marios and Isabella. The Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to preserve the memory of Evagoras Lanitis and continue his social contribution.
The Foundation organizes and sponsors cultural and educational events that highlight human achievements.
During its years of operation, the Evagoras and Kathleen Lanitis Foundation has organized a series of remarkable events. As the main sponsor of such events, the Foundation has cooperated with large organizations such as the Olympic Museum of Lausanne, the Fine Arts Museum (Petit Palais) of Paris, the Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture, CTO, Cyprus University and more.
The Foundation serves as the “vehicle” of Lanitis Group Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities plan.